FREE TRAINING AND DORMITORY FOR WOMEN SEAFARER
Tacloban City- In line with the observance of the National Women’s Month Celebration (NWMC) every March of each year, the National Maritime Polytechnic (NMP), the sole government owned and operated maritime training and research institution organized lined-up activities including among others the “Serbisyo Para kay Juana”, with the hashtag #SerbisyuParaKayJuana which aims to bring the celebration to every Juana and make her feel appreciated, supported and empowered.
As recommended by the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) for government agencies that offer direct services and other transactions with the public to offer privileges like freebies and discounts on any chosen dates within the month of March, NMP will offer “Free Training Fee and Dormitory Fee” to female trainees on March 9-13, 2020.
Female trainees enrolled in the NMP regular training courses, which start within the period March 9-13 2020, particularly in the following training courses, may avail of the free training fee and dormitory fee:
- Ratings Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW), March 9-14
- Operational Use of Electronic Chart Display Information System (OUECDIS), March 9-13
- Updating Training for OIC of an Engineering Watch-Part A, March 9-24
- Auxiliary and Machinery System (AMS), March 9-24
- GMDSS Radio Operators, March 9-28
- Refresher Course on Advance Fire Fighting (RAFF), March 9-10, March 11-12
- Refresher Course on Basic Training (RBT), March 9-12, March 10-13
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (SCRB), March 9-13
- Refresher Course on Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (RSCRB), March 9-10, March 11-12
- Security Awareness Training and Seafarers w/ Designated Security Duties (SAT-SDSD), March 12-13
- Fast Rescue Boat (FRB), March 9-12
- Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Abuse in the Maritime Sector (PADAMS), March 7
- Gender Sensitivity Training for Seafarers (GSTS), March 11
To avail of the benefit, application for enrolment in the said training course shall commence on March 1 until March 13, 2020. The free dormitory accommodation shall be applicable to non-aircon room only during the covered training period. However, if the female trainee opts to avail of the air-conditioned room, she will be charged One Hundred Twenty Pesos Only (P120.00), not the regular airconditioned room rate of Two Hundred Pesos (P200.00).
For more information of the said free training program, interested clients may contact NMP through the following number: 09367861296 or thru the NMP registrar with these mobile numbers: 09771369675 / 09298417490 or message us on Facebook (NMPTrainingcenter).
Meanwhile, in its effort to sustain its mandate in providing quality service through upgrading and specialized training programs, NMP continues to maintain and upgrade its facilities and its pool of competent instructors. Those Interested to take the training courses may visit the NMP website @ www.nmp.gov.ph or visit the agency’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ nmptrainingcenter) where all updates and relevant information on NMP programs are available.
Interested stakeholders who wish to validate the authenticity of their seafarers-employed with NMP issued certificates may visit www.verify.nmp.gov.ph or download the NMP App at Google Play Store for android phone users. Likewise, those interested in NMP research undertakings may visit the NMP website and access the e-Research Information System Portal which is designed to disseminate NMP completed researches, present the Research Agenda, and engage the industry stakeholders to collaborate in the research activities.
Further, NMP encourages OWWA registered seafarers to avail of the NMP-OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) Seafarers’ Upgrading Program (SUP) and Skills for Employment Scholarship Program (SESP) which entitles the beneficiary to receive financial assistance for training costs from the OWWA.