TACLOBAN CITY – As part of its year-long celebration of its 44th Founding Anniversary and in line with the annual observance of the Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa, the National Maritime Polytechnic launches the “Makatang Marino Tiktok Challenge” which aims to promote the traditional Filipino language and at the same time allows our Filipino seafarers to showcase their creativity, talents and skills.
Marinong Pilipino! Are you ready for the NMP’s Tiktok Challenge?
- The TikTok video challenge is open to all Filipino seafarers.
- The video should not last longer than one (1) minute and will feature the seafarer reciting an original poem in Tagalog/Filipino.
- Use of profanities or vulgar language is not allowed in the video.
- The TikTok challengers shall use the #NMPMakatangMarino in posting of their video entries. It is important that the challenger’s TikTok entry privacy settings is set to public until the end of the contest.
- Link of the TikTok video shall be sent to: email@example.com with the following format [Name:, Address:, License/Rank:, Link:]. Acceptance of entries will only be until August 31, 2022.
- Entries will be judged using the following criteria: Content – 35%; Delivery – 30%; Audience Reactions – 20%; and Creativity / Technical Appeal of the Video – 15%
- Winning entries will be posted on the Facebook page of the National Maritime Polytechnic on September 2, 2022.
- Winners of the challenge will receive cash prizes (1st Prize – P 2,000.00; 2nd Prize – P 1,500.00; 3rd Prize – P 1,000.00)
For inquiries, you may reach us through NMP Facebook Page facebook.com/NMPTrainingCenter or call 0936 786 2196.